Friday, April 13, 2012

Ten Questions

I would like to thank Stacey from 3rd Grade Times for giving my Lovely blog Award! It was so sweet of you! Also, Summyr from The Teachacholic tagged me in "ten question" game...so here I go....

1. What's the last book you read aloud to your class?
A Hundred Dresses. My Kids loved this book! They really got into how people should be treated, and how they should treat other people.
2. Which field trip have you enjoyed most and why?
I would have to say that I have enjoyed Rufner Mountain. It's where the kids go on nature hikes and discover various plants, animals, and insects in nature. They also get to see some pretty awesome animals from the guides. They have so much fun, and I get to see them put their knowledge from the classroom to use!!
3. Which subject do you enjoy teaching most?
I enjoy teaching math the most. It's fun to teach a subject that gets such a bad rap in creative and fun ways. Before I know it, they are having a great time learning without realizing that they are learning.
4. What computer program(s) do you think is most effective for student achievement?
Our school likes to use Study Island, and it's wonderful!! It allows me, the teacher, change the settings for individual students to give them what they need. The students can play games after answer problems in reading and math correctly or the teacher can print off worksheets directly from the website. The best part is it lines up with the common core!!
5. What could you NOT teach without?
I don't think that I could teach without my electronics! I them every single day!!
6. What is the most memorable gift a student has given you?
Well there is one that is more memorable because it's comical; however, there is one gift the was just PRECIOUS! This year for about 4 months I was eating popcorn as a snack. So for Valentine's Day, one of my students brought me a bag of popcorn attached to my card even though I hadn't eaten any in MONTHS! 
7. Which do you prefer, having students write down their homework or posting 
the homework on a website?
Writing down their homework...it gets into their memories better
8. How often do you email/call parents?
On a weekly basis plus whenever important matters come up. I am in LOVE with group emails, ha ha ha. 
9. How do you run literacy centers?
I do the daily 5.
10. Why did you begin blogging?
I just figured that someone might be interested in my ideas or my boring happenings as a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment